Projects That Require a Building Permit?: Under the Ontario Building Code Act, a building permit is required to construct demolish, renovate, alter, install or change the use of a building. The following is examples that require a building permit prior to construction.
Any building or structure measured by outside dimensions exceeding 108 ft2, or 10m2 (roughly 10ft. x 10ft.) This includes sheds, prefab sheds, sleeping cabins or other accessory buildings or structures.
- Additions to existing buildings or structures, including decking
- Renovations that involve structural framing.
- Replacement of doors or windows if the opening size is enlarged.
- Repair or replacement of all types of building foundations.
- Swimming Pools & fenced enclosures.
Building/Planning Department: The Township of South Algonquin’s Building Department reviews permit applications, issues permits, and conducts inspections in accordance with the Ontario Building Code and Township By-Laws.
The primary purpose of inspections is the promotion of public safety through the application of appropriate uniform standards, while safeguarding buildings where we live, work and play.
- Municipal Operations Clerk (Tracy)
- Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Phone: 613-637-2650 Ext. 203
- Email: email@example.com
Info — Courtesy: Township of South Algonquin Website